Moore’s Chapel UMC is seeking a Christian musician to be our part-time, paid Praise Team
Leader for one service on Sunday mornings and one evening rehearsal throughout the week.
Please email resume to Sam at
Qualities our new Praise Team leader should possess:
Christian, who is living it and seeking to grow
Singer and instrumentalist, preferably guitar
Prepares devotions for each week’s rehearsal and/or is able to delegate that responsibility
Some leadership experience
Selects and pulls music before rehearsal
Emails song schedule prior to rehearsal
Is aware of what team members are available for the coming week (through text, email, or phone call)
Able to do services solo occasionally
Knows team members well, and is supportive of their needs, as well as shows compassion
Is a team leader who can invoke a “team spirit”
Leads by example, including work ethic
Willing and able to work on harmonies
Prays or delegates prayer during service
Has ability to read congregation reaction to songs and/or song selection
Has ability to check power points for accuracy each week
Includes hymns as well as contemporary music
Introduces new songs to the team and allows ample practice time before introducing songs to congregation
Has ability and willingness to speak the truth in love when necessary
Praise Team Leader Job Description:
1. Lead an exemplary Christian lifestyle and seek to further your personal relationship with Christ.
2. Select songs for the following Sunday and text/email team by noon Monday.
3. Confirm team members’ availability for each Sunday through text, email or phone call.
4. Pull songs for rehearsal and place on stands, ready to begin on time.
5. Begin rehearsal with a devotion or delegate for team member to lead.
6. Check power points for accuracy each week (including multiple bridges and tags).
7. Lead second rehearsal one hour prior to Sunday service.
8. Lead worship for 8:30 contemporary service.
9. Pray or delegate prayer during service.
10. Occasionally prepare a brief “call to worship” or delegate team member for that responsibility.
11. Help tear down equipment after service.
The Praise Team leader will be granted three (3) weeks’ vacation per calendar year.
The Praise Team leader will be expected to spend no less than 4-5 hours each week (including 2 rehearsals and the service itself) in carrying out these responsibilities.
|< Prev||Next >|